Lost your password?
Light System
Danger Sign
Storm Clouds
Sunflower
Agriculture

 

Kids Resources Link

Testimonial Woman
“I am so thankful to be a member of Safe Electricity!  Your content makes my life so much easier!”
-Karen Evangelisti, Claverack Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc., PA

Join us!

Prevent Deadly Shocks

July 2012 saw horrific fatal accidents near boats and boat docks. A 26-year-old woman was swimming with family in the Lake of the Ozarks was electrocuted when she touched an energized dock ladder. Also at Lake of the Ozarks, a 13-year-old girl and her 8-year-old brother received fatal electrical shocks while swimming near a private dock; officials cited an improperly grounded circuit as the cause. In Tennessee, two boys, ages 10 and 11, lost their lives as they were shocked while swimming between houseboats on Cherokee Lake, a result of electricity entering the water apparently through frayed wires beneath the boat.

An important step in helping prevent such tragedies is to ensure proper installation and maintenance of electrical equipment on docks and on boats. Take the time to inspect all electrical systems on or near the water. Learn more and share