Electric Shock Drowning (ESD)
The Ritz family was stunned when their son Lucas was killed while swimming with his life jacket on and being closely supervised by his mother. The danger could not be seen but was silently lurking in the water. Electricity was leaking into the water from a boat plugged in to shore power. Unfortunately, people are killed each year by what’s now known as electric shock drowning (ESD). The Ritz family wants others to learn how to avoid ESD and stay safe.
- Electric Shock Drowning Prevention Association
- American Boat and Yacht Council
- US Coast Guard Boating Safety Resource Center
- BoatUS Electric Shock Drowning Resource Center
These videos are made possible by members of EEC-Safe Electricity. We appreciate their support in enhancing safety awareness and making these copyrighted videos viewable to individuals visiting SafeElectricity.org. For non-members interested in using these videos, please contact info@SafeElectricity.org. Use of this work without permission, including its reproduction, distribution, or display constitutes copyright infringement.