Lost your password?

Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs)


“Caitlyn MacKenzie’s Story”

Caitlyn MacKenzie had many dreams and a bright future. That future was shattered when she was tragically killed, electrocuted by contact with ordinary household electric current. She was only 12 years old. Her parents speak out in this video about the importance of electrical safety—particularly in making people aware of the importance of using ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs). Safe Electricity encourages the use of GFCIs outdoors around the home and inside the home near sinks and wet areas.

These videos are made possible by members of EEC-Safe Electricity. We appreciate their support in enhancing safety awareness and making these copyrighted videos viewable to individuals visiting SafeElectricity.org. For non-members interested in using these videos, please contact info@SafeElectricity.org. Use of this work without permission, including its reproduction, distribution, or display constitutes copyright infringement.