Lost your password?

Overhead Power Line Safety-“Shawn Miller’s Story”


“Shawn Miller’s Story”

Shawn Miller was hanging Christmas lights at his mother’s house like he did every year when tragedy struck. As he was throwing a string of lights into a tree, it made contact with a power line. Shawn suffered 27 exit wounds, the loss of one hand, and a finger on another—but miraculously, he survived. Shawn and Safe Electricity urge people to spend time making themselves aware of their surroundings before working with or around items that use electricity, indoors and out.

These videos are made possible by members of EEC-Safe Electricity. We appreciate their support in enhancing safety awareness and making these copyrighted videos viewable to individuals visiting SafeElectricity.org. For non-members interested in using these videos, please contact info@SafeElectricity.org. Use of this work without permission, including its reproduction, distribution, or display constitutes copyright infringement.